Why take a Senior Accountant role with this company?
- Become the right-hand person to the Controller
- Help implement new processes. Your input is valued and needed.
- Assisting in building out a new team.
- Dress for your day. Almost anything goes….seriously laid-back culture.
- Flexible schedule. The controller is not a micro-manager.
- Downtown parking is paid.
- There will be some overtime in the beginning, but the goal is a 40 to 45-hour work week for everyone.
- 100% medical paid. 4% match on 401K. Immediate start to benefits.
- Grown over 400% in the past few years. Crazy growth and continuing down that path.
What the Senior Accountant will do…You will play a key role in the month-end accounting close process and in the reconciliation of the client trust assets and liabilities.
- Support accounting period close for areas of functional responsibility which may include preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Research and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Maintain bank reconciliations.
- Assist with maintaining internal controls and work with both internal and contract data entry personnel to ensure timely recording of transactions.
- Knowledge of insurance settlement process is a plus but not required.
- Provide support on special requests, and ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Assist controller with preparation of weekly/monthly internal financial reports.
What you need to bring to the table….
- 2+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Batchelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related
- Basic to intermediate understanding of QuickBooks environment, QuickBooks Online preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem solving and project management skills
- Strong sense of ownership and curiosity to learn new skills
- Takes initiative to improve existing processes
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel skills such as vlookups, conditional statements, pivot tables, and what-if analysis