#taxjobs #accountingjobs #houstonjobs
Why should you consider this role?
- Exposure to multiple business units (8). A key part of the Segment Accounting team
- Ability to advance in a growing company (placed multiple staff and seniors who have been promoted – one is a Director of Ops and one is a Controller over this division! )
- Open due to growth….went from one senior to three. Business is doing really, really well!
- Manufacturing & Distribution….even some exposure to Crypto!
- Moth end and quarter end can get a little hectic, but outside of that, it’s a 40-hour work week!
What you will do…
- Preparation and review of the Company’s consolidated U.S. income tax return as well as state & local income tax filings
- Preparation and review of estimated tax payments
- Preparation and review of quarterly and annual domestic tax provision calculations under ASC 740
- Assistance with consolidation and reporting of global tax provision calculations
- Assistance with the preparation of financial statement disclosures
- Documentation of internal controls throughout the year
- Assist with U.S. international and non-U.S. tax filings and tax provisions
- Assistance with special projects as needed
What you need to bring to the table…..
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of U.S. domestic corporate income tax experience gained through working in a corporate tax department or accounting firm
- Knowledge and experience with accounting for income taxes under ASC 740
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Works well with minimal supervision