#remotejobs #accountingjobs #cfstaffing
Accounting Manager – Remote opportunity with AMAZING Non-profit!
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is an International Non-profit with an amazing mission, located in Portland.
- Due to a promotion, they are hiring for a key role in Finance. The growth opportunities across the organization are strong.
- This innovative organization is always striving to improve in all areas; technology, staff development, facilities, benefit offerings.
- Reports to a collaborative leader who welcomes new ideas.
- The company is known for investing in their employees and promoting from within.
- They offer excellent benefits, including retirement savings, company-paid healthcare, career advancement, flexible spending account, and competitive base salaries
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage four-person, remote accounting team
- Manage the day-to-day accounting transactions (including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, and Payroll transactions and data) with a focus on process improvement, internal controls, and customer service
- Manage data transfers between the Resource Development (fundraising), Payroll, Timekeeping, and International Finance Departments.
- Manage the monthly close process, maintain close calendars and approve monthly journal entries as required, working in partnership with International Finance, Resource Development, IT, Payroll, and Treasury.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- BA/BS in accounting or related field or equivalent work experience is required. CPA a +
- 2-5 years of financial management experience is required. Payroll accounting, accounts payable, and administration experience preferred.
- Driven to improve processes, excited to streamline
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to work Pacific Time zone hours.
Salary Range: $76,000 – $84,000 + Strong Benefits Package