#houstonjobs #controllerjobs #SEC #SOX #CPA
Why Work for This Company:
- Great corporate environment.
- Excellent compensation & benefits packages
- Opportunity for growth within the next 3-5 years
- Over 600 locations!
- Be a key member of the leadership team.
- The Accounting team is 30 plus
- Extremely welcoming work environment. Family-friendly work environment
- 4 days in office. 1 day from home
- Multiple opportunities for professional development, specialization, and leadership
- Investment from a company that wants you to succeed and thrive
- Excellent benefits package
- Been in business for over 30 years. Part of a 30B dollar industry.
- Continuously growing through acquisitions
What you will be responsible for….
- Deliver accurate and timely reporting to management, shareholders, regulators, and the Board of Directors
- Lead and manage all aspects of our accounting function, including general accounting, SEC reporting, and tax
- Oversee and own the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes, including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and preparation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Manage the annual financial audit process
- Oversee preparation of annual federal and state income tax returns and other tax compliance filings, and coordinate all tax research/projects
- Review financial results, report variances, and provide executive leadership with information that enhances their understanding of the financial results
- Assist with managing the SOX program and compliance with internal controls related to corporate accounting processes
- Implement and refine existing and new accounting policies and procedures to optimize efficiencies
- Train staff on new technology in a continuous improvement culture
- Partner with IT to assist with financial system and ERP implementations and upgrades.
- Support internal stakeholders with ad hoc analyses
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of US GAAP, SOX compliance and SEC reporting
- Minimum 10 years of accounting experience (prior public accounting experience a plus) in a corporate environment, ideally within organizations with multiple entities
- CPA is required
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and strong ERP systems experience
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who is able to communicate complex concepts to stakeholders
- Excitement around navigating a high-growth, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Proven experience building, developing, mentoring, and inspiring a high-performing professional accounting team
- Extensive knowledge of stock-based compensation, business combinations, and complex subsidiary structures