Overview of the opportunity:
- Work hand in hand with the owner of the company. This is a small construction business!
- Set up the accounting to ensure everything is recorded correctly and timely.
- Create management reports. This is a blank page! If this excites you….great!
- Implement processes and procedures. Its your show.
- This is a one person accounting team. If you like to have your hands in everything this is for you!
- Work hand in hand with Project Managers. Partner with them to calculate profitability of the jobs (up to 30 at a time).
- Maintain and improve accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Set up job cost tracking system!
- Oversee all corporate administrative functions, IT needs, staff and vendors
- Assure reports and data are provided to run the company effectively
- Cost controls and reductions without sacrificing customer service
- Ensure cash flow management
- Actively work to assure accuracy in billing, collections, and payments
- Provide information regarding bank compliance and lending ability
- Manage cash in all accounts and entities to meet goals
- Set credit limits and oversee credit process
- Ensure contract compliance and management with vendors
- Negotiate best terms with vendors and banks
- Close financial months accurately and timely; provide timely tax preparation and reporting for CPA
- Prepare and maintain responsibility for financial reports
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects, as needed.
- Manage financial software and systems implementation projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance;
- 5-7 years of appropriate work experience,
- Knowledge of QuickBooks; Excel
- Bilingual (Spanish) is an asset
- Construction / POC / Job Cost accounting experience required.