- Publicly traded within the Power Industry
- Stable company that has been around for over five decades
- Accounting team of 16 people
- Plenty of growth opportunity w/ succession to manager plan in place
- Great benefits and 100% WFH
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Accountant to join their team. This position will report directly to the Revenue manager and be responsible for
reviewing and maintaining company contracts/projects.
The role will work directly with the project managers to manage project budgets, forecasts, estimates and actuals.
A successful Project Accountant will demonstrate a strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills to support the Project Management teams, and access the ability to positively drive improvements in processes to ensure accurate cost visibility and project margins. In addition, the Project Accountant, with guidance from Revenue Manager, will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate revenue recognition methodology is followed, is in line with ASC 606, and company standards.
- Under guidance from Revenue Manager, review contract documents (Master Agreements, Purchase Orders, etc.) to assess revenue recognition treatment in compliance with ASC 606, and complete revenue checklist
- Ensure accurate set up of new projects including maintenance of original budgets and related tasks within Quickbooks & Oracle by coordinating with Sales and Operational teams
- Coordinate with Project Managers, through hosting ETC meetings, to maintain accurate and revised forecast and make required updates in spreadsheets and within Quickbooks & Oracle
- Responsible for providing required data and analytics to Project Management on a monthly basis /or on an as need basis
- Provide detailed analysis of projects including margin analysis with focus on detail of specific pickups and hits
- Maintain various schedules including POC and BBB (Backlogs, Bookings and Billings) schedules for various projects and contracts
- Accurately update Projects for cost to complete and generating required revenue entries within Quickbooks & Oracle.
- Process projects and orders in Quickbooks & Oracle for month end tasks, including but not limited to maintenance and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts (Unbilled Revenue, Deferred Revenue, etc.…)
- Complete Journal entries in Quickbooks & Oracle as well as Quickbooks as required as they relate to project Accounting
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining final job status and determine appropriate treatment of non-incurred cost including accruals where necessary
- Preparation periodic financial statements and management reporting
- Compile and communicate various month-end analyses for PM’s and divisional management
- Monitor projects financial health and advise PM’s when conditions require attention
- Support budget and forecast as required and needed
- Assist Revenue Accounting team in any other duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA or CPA-candidate preferred
- 6+ years of previous experience as a Project Accountant, preferably in a high volume, multiple revenue stream environment
- Experience with an Engineering, Software, Energy, or other familiar industries highly preferred