Why you should consider this role….
- The organization is over 100 years old!
- Access to cutting-edge technology and training
- Opportunity for extra income by becoming an instructor on a part-time basis!
- Get every holiday off! Over 4 weeks of vacation plus 20 PTO Days! So, basically two months off a year.
- During summer break you can work a reduced schedule!!!!
- Very diverse staff with numerous nationalities represented.
- Work for one of the most respected organizations in Houston. ‘
- Work on complex issues and the newest hardware.
What you will be doing…..
- Manage the Mobile Device Management (MDM) Server for inventory, software deployment/updates, device security, imaging, and reporting
- Build, test, and maintain the computer images (Mac) and software across all divisions and departments
- Assist the Information Technology Manager with reporting, tracking, investigating, and remediating malicious processes found on equipment (viruses, malware, intrusion detection, compromised passwords, suspicious logins)
- Manage the Apple systems for computer and application deployments (Apple DEP, VPP)
- Manage user account life cycle and permissions across multiple systems and networks
- Manage the team of summer interns while overseeing the completion of multiple project deployments
- Work closely with Human Resources to assist with onboarding of new employees
- Provide tier II support for complex issues unable to be resolved by the Helpdesk Support Specialist
What you will need to bring to the table….
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Science, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with JAMF Pro required
- Basic knowledge of networking (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services
- Understanding of backup tools
- Understanding of anti-virus/anti-malware tools
- Shell (e.g., bash, ksh) scripting experience
- Knowledge of macOS virtualization solutions
- Apple hardware and macOS software installation and configuration experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT security best practices
***client willing to relocate****