About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is an international firm that spans the energy sector. It is involved in Exploration & Production, Refining & Chemicals, Crude Oil and Refined Products among a host of other segments.
- This organization provides services to the world’s major and independent oil companies.
- Why work here:
- A progressive firm that believes in sharing technical expertise and developing future energy professionals.
- This organization strives to make sure that it is a place where everyone’s perspective is valued.
- Learn all about the Commodities Trading Business!
- Get to see full-cycle accounting & consolidations for a division of a VERY large international company.
- In-office 2 days a week. Work from home one day a week. Flex hours. Start early, leave early…..start late…Its up to you!
- Be the right hand to the controller!
- Newly created role.
Overview of the role:
- Responsible for the monthly management reporting of the results to management including budget vs. actual variance analysis where applicable
- Finance department leads on all financial matters related to the oversight and planning around the investment in JV, including:
- Development and maintenance of the financial modeling for Trains 1-3 and plays a close liaison and support role with respect to Phase 2 and other potential future investments and projects
- Management and monitoring of the project development budget for any additional approved project(s) or investment(s
- Provide support to appointed directors and staff on the financial performance of Trains 1-3 and the Phase 2 projects
- Supports the VP Finance in overseeing the financial matters of the project in Baja California, Mexico including collaborating with the engineering manager in order to adequately integrate financial information back into the financial models while ECA is under construction
- Responsible for overall coordination of the budgeting and long-term planning processes for all North American businesses of the Gas Division, including preparation of budget templates, development of modeling, and overall presentations for management
- Key focal point for supporting business in the evaluation of potential new business streams and ad hoc projects – by supporting Finance and Commercial Management in the modeling of new business, including leading the necessary liaison with US Tax, technical accounting, Credit Risk and Holdings US teams as necessary to ensure financial impacts are well understood and appropriately presented to Management
- Support and implement finance process enhancements & helps to strengthen the financial control framework
Preferred Qualifications for the role:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or economics required.
- Minimum five years of total experience.
- Some experience in accounting and reporting-related topics desired.
- Knowledge/experience with capital-intensive project developments or energy trading preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (mastery of Pivot tables), and the development of economic models
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.