About the Company and n Assistant Controller Opportunity:
- Company voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Houston for over a decade!
- The accounting group alone added 9 new positions this past year through growth from acquisitions.
- Just closed on two deals with two more in process.
Perks of Construction Assistant Controller role?
- Visible role & Direct Point of Contact with CEO, CFO & CAO
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Laid-back and collaborative environment
- Succession Plan for CAO and eventually CFO role
- Leave at 3pm on Fridays.
- Virtually NO overtime! Talk about work-life balance!!!!
- Report to a very hands OFF boss.
- Be part of a new ERP implementation.
- Manage a team of 3; possibly 4 due to growth!
Overview of the Assistant Controller role:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting packages and deliver to the parent company CAO and CFO
- Work with Construction President to prepare entity-level budgets annually
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, document business transactions, and complete related reconciliations
- Keep accounting books accurate by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers, requesting disbursements, and reconciling accounts
- Monitor, track, and report actual expenses against the entity level budget monthly along with explanation for material variances
- Oversee the processing of subcontractor, vendor, and service provider billings for inclusion in monthly pay applications
- Ensure that all lien releases/waivers are received prior to issuing payment
- Ensure that all subcontractor’s insurance is compliant including expiration dates
- Prepare special lender/investor schedules and ensure compliance with bank requirements
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for Construction and/or parent company leadership as and when required
Preferred Qualifications for the role:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting
- 5+ Years of Real Estate / Construction Accounting or GC experience
- Procore, Textura, Sage would be very beneficial
- True leader! Someone who likes to run a department with minimal oversight.
- Outgoing personality, approachable, embrace company culture, and understands the importance of customer service!