Are you looking for a small business with all the financial backing, but you would like to set up the F&A function from scratch????? And the right way! Then look no further…..here is your chance!
Why work here….
- 40M dollar business separating from a partner. Set up all new F&A infrastructure
- Set up a new ERP systems
- This company is like a startup BUT with 40M dollars in sales.
- Manage a staff of 5 and reorganize as needed.
- The controller should become the CFO over time!
- Small office feels and great family culture.
- Work-life balance is important to the President.
- Work and live on the southeast side of Houston.
- Some of their clients include Bed, Bath & Beyond, Dollar General, PetSmart, Holiday Inn, and Home Depot!
- Be the right-hand person to the President. Be a true Financial Business Partner to grow the business.
What the Controller will do…
- Developing written documentation of construction accounting procedures.
- Month-end closing procedures, including production of monthly financial statements
- Coordinate annual budget and cash forecasting process.
- Coordinate with CPA firm to ensure accurate and timely preparation of tax returns and audit report.
- Manage financial software and systems implementation projects
- Cash Flow Management
- Actively review work product to assure accuracy in billing, collections, and payments
- Negotiate best terms with vendors and banks
- Review contracts and proposals for accuracy.
- Perform detailed monthly reviews of job cost and overhead allocations.
- Assist with monthly construction projection reporting and analyze results.
- Prepare month-end construction journal entries into ERP system.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation for bank accounts.
- Review and approve daily development and construction invoices verifying the accuracy of costing.
- Maintain construction deliverables and accounting reports for management
What you need to bring to the table…..
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years of appropriate work experience, including 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Efficient, organized and transparent
- Knowledge of construction industry
- An entrepreneurial spirt along with great financial ideas to grow a small business!