Must Have Highlights:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Bank Reconciliations, cash management, monthly financials experience
- High Proficiency in Excel
Property Accountant is responsible for the timely and accurate financial reporting of assigned properties. Responsibilities include performing month-end close, reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis, posting journal entries, completing monthly bank reconciliations, reviewing final product, and other duties as assigned.
Property Accountant Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a local company located in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Property Accountant Opportunity:
- Company that has 30+ years of experience providing management for all types of multi-family properties
- A growing portfolio with over 23,000 properties and counting!
- State of the art training program that includes live internal classes in each region to ensure career growth
- A great opportunity for an accountant who wants to transition into residential real estate industry!
Perks of the Property Accountant role?
- Competitive Compensation Package and Bonus
- Mentoring and Coaching opportunities
- Visible role & Direct Point of Contact with Controller
- Laid-back and collaborative environment
- Great work life balance and company culture
Overview of the Property Accountant role:
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and applicable income statement accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare monthly bank statement reconciliations and promptly record any reconciling items.
- Submit banking requests to the Treasury Manager for monthly mortgage payments, distributions, or account transfers.
- Perform and review month-end close outs making sure tenant ledgers tie out to general ledger.
- Review and maintain cash balances for assigned properties. Must submit funding requests as necessary and approve bill payments.
- Ensure monthly mortgage payments are made and recorded properly.
- Work with Property Managers and Supervisors to produce quality financial statements for owners.
- Provide information to outside auditors as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.