120 to 150K
Reporting to the Corporate Controller and operating in parallel with Financial Reporting, the Assistant Controller has the day-to-day operating responsibility for all facets of the Company’s operational accounting organization, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Applications, and Cash Management, as well as for the Company’s ERP (NetSuite) and other accounting-related solutions.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing financial policies and procedures.
- Partners with the Corporate Finance team on reporting, projects, audits, integrations and initiatives.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Leads Manager and staff of  over Accounts Receivable and Cash Application.
- Leads staff of  over Accounts Payable.
- Leads staff of  over Cash Management and Cash Forecasting.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by supporting financial audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Partners with the Director of FP&A to prepare Business Unit annual budgets and monthly forecasts by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, and recommending plans.
- Assists in managing month-end and year-end close processes.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- 15+ years of proven experience in progressing accounting leadership roles
- 5+ years as a Controller or Assistant Controller of an enterprise exceeding $50 million in annual revenue
- Industry exposure to recurring or reoccurring revenue environments
- Track record in high-transactional volume, data intensive operations
- Accustomed to decentralized accounting organizational structures and disparate system environments
- Previous experience with Financial Audits is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of advanced accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- In-depth knowledge of financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Experience with financial planning and analysis, including forecasting and budgeting
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages; previous experience with NetSuite is preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including V-lookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- CPA certification is not required, but preferred.