Why take a Financial Reporting Manager role with this company?
- Pre-IPO Renewables Company
- Hired 300 employees this past year!
- Ability to mentor and train employees
- Newly created role.
- The company has grown over 50M in annual sales every year for the past 3 years!
- The company has financed and developed clean energy projects across 4 continents and 22 countries.
Perks of the Financial Reporting Manager role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Unlimited vacation time
- 100% remote. Trying to get to a 4 day work week. Work east coast, west coast schedules. It doesn’t matter! VERY flexible!!!!!
- Work for two former big 4 senior managers who are excited to share their knowledge and mentor you.
What the Financial Reporting Manager will do..
- Performs account analyses and proposes journal entries to record complex or significant accounting transactions
- Assists with purchase price accounting for acquisitions
- Assists with preparation of investor and lender reporting materials
- Assists with preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP including footnotes
- Assists in data compilation and preparation of exhibits and schedules for provision to external auditors at each quarter or as requested
- Interacts with operations and finance and will be exposed to confidential operating results, financial information, operating procedures, forecasts and management decisions
- Completes special projects and assists with other ad-hoc requests as needed
- Prepare and record the monthly stock-based compensation accounting entries
- Prepare all equity-related disclosures including the Statement of Stockholders’ Equity, Earnings-Per-Share calculation, and related footnotes
- Gathers facts and organizes documents surrounding complex or significant accounting transactions, performs accounting research, and drafts memos and white papers
What the company needs in a Financial Reporting Manager:
- Complicated problems excite you. The more tangled the issue, the more excited you are to dig in and work with teammates to find a resolution.
- Decisiveness is engrained in your nature; You are someone who can make a quick and solid decision.
- Your attention to detail is top-notch.
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and CPA required
- Solid understanding of financial reporting requirements including familiarity with and interpreting SEC Reg. S-X and S-K rules
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting standards including ASC 260, ASC 718, ASC 805
- Experience with SOX 404 internal control assessment and risk assessment