Senior Accounting Analyst – Remote opportunity – Great Company!
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a successful and well-known Portland Company.
- Community Involvement: paid volunteering time, food drives, charity events
- We have placed talented professionals with this organization in the past, with wonderful feedback.
- The Accounting Manager is a talented accountant and mentor. Relatable and keeps the day fun!
- Solid benefits package, including health & wellness, growth & development, retirement & PTO.
- This role is 100% remote and offers flexibility with hours.
- Employees say:
- “Lots of smart people, easy to work cross functionally if you’re curious, excellent opportunities to learn about stuff and for career development”
- “Continual learning from best-in-class company, interesting work, very good benefits”
- “Leadership welcomes diverse people, innovative thinking and fosters a culture of experimentation. People look out for each other, collaborate, and bring others into discussions openly. There is a constant desire to learn, inspire more curiosity and connect more deeply with their customers than is common.”
Overview of the Senior Accounting Analyst role:
- Facilitating and completing month, quarter and year-end close procedures including system closing, journal entry and account reconciliation preparation and review.
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and feedback to junior accounting analysts.
- Global super-user and administrator for Oracle cloud-based Account Reconciliation tool.
- Analyzing and reviewing financial data and preparing financial statement supporting information.
- Identifying and implementing new opportunities for process and productivity improvements in the accounting department.
Preferred Qualifications for the Controller opportunity:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related disciplines; CPA (strongly preferred).
- 5+ years of progressive experience working across accounting and reporting processes with public company experience; or 4+ years in Big 4 External Audit.
- Strong GAAP, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Applied experience with accounting closing cycles and consolidations.
Proficiency in accounting systems (Oracle and HFM a plus), and strong experience and knowledge with Microsoft Excel and Office products