Have you always wanted to learn cost accounting, but never had the chance? We are looking for Senior Staff Accountants who are eager to learn and live on the north side of Houston.
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Has been in business for over 10 years.
- Manufacturing and distribution facilities located around the world
- We have placed multiple people with them for over 7 years!
- Do you want to learn cost accounting???? The manager is more than willing to train.
- Half-Day Fridays!!!!!
Cost Accountant Role:
- Prepare weekly reporting to analyze variances between actual and standard cost.
- Summarize the operating insights into what is driving the financial variances.
- Explain variances from the forecast.
- Monitor performance to key financial and operating goals.
- Coordinate cost analysis for all products, monitoring drivers deemed important to meeting profit objectives.
- Review completed production order daily, compare and analyze actual job cost to standard cost per production order
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor cost.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Reconcile shipments at standard cost to cost of goods sold/manufactured.
- Monitors physical inventories and cycle count program providing support to enhance the process.
- Reconciles finished, WIP and raw goods inventories on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting or Finance
- Strong Excel Skills
- Working knowledge of industry and customers.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of credit principles and practices.
- 2+ years of experience
- Good communications skills