Why take a Controller role with this company?
- The company is always in acquisition mode! #entrepreneurial
- Ability to move up in a very large accounting department
- Been in business for over 40 years.
What the Controller will do…
- The Corporate Controller will be responsible for managing the accounting function for a 3.5 billion dollar privately held company, Six direct reports that manage the accounting department with over 100 employees including multiple CPA’s.
- Recommends, designs, and implements accounting policies and procedures
- Ensures timely accounting close for each month and quarter
- Coordinates among various business units to ensure consistent accounting treatment for all transactions
- Performs technical research to ensure compliance with applicable accounting guidance
- Leads accounting efforts in due diligence activities
- Develop and implement internal control process and procedures in accordance with SOX
- Directs the timely & accurate preparation of all monthly and quarterly financial statements including balance sheets, income statements and cash flows
- Establishes accounting classifications of all expenditures
- Coordinates audits of company’s accounts and assists in the preparation of audit materials
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies
What the company needs in a Controller:
- 10 plus years of experience
- CPA certification required
- 3-5 years of Big 4 public accounting experience
- Relevant experience with a large, diverse multi-unit company preferably in the retail or restaurant industry.
- Superior analytical, organization, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP accounting and reporting policies
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and management team
- Flexible and self-directed worker with ability to stay focused and meet goals, while working independently