Why take a Senior Trading Financial Analyst role with this company?
- The company is listed on the Fortune 50
- A key part of this 10 person team
- Beautiful Office Space
- Work from home 1 day a week. 9/80’s
- You love, love, love to slice and dice data and tell a STORY!
- The company does business in 130 countries.
- Become familiar with trading for ALL commodities!
Perks of the Senior Trading Financial Analyst t role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Pension program!!!!!!!
- Free parking
- Did I mention??? 9/80 and other flex schedule possibilities! Core hours are 9 to 3 pm. Come in at 6 am and leave at 3 pm!
What the Senior Trading Financial Analyst will do…
- Generates and maintains models to support the financial statements
- Analyzes daily trading results and activities in order to provide financial commentary and ensure transactions have been properly accounted for
- Develops close working relationships with the finance teams of other global trading affiliates
- Drives initiatives to improve the efficiency of the various processes undertaken by the Trading Control team with a mindset of the final deliverable always at the forefront
- Interacts across all levels and desks of the trading organization to ensure deal structures are thoroughly understood articulate a deal’s financial implications in US GAAP and IFRS
- Ensures the accuracy of the accounting records and invoice postings into general ledger
- Assists with the successful implementation of a new ERP by ensuring trading activities are accurately and completely captured and documented
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships with our external auditor to ensure audit requests are understood and responded to in a timely manner
- Ensures the month-end close process is accurate and complete and helps to articulate the reasons why the desk results and accounting adjustments fluctuate relative to budget and prior periods
- Supports the Trading Control Supervisor in their responsibilities and various projects or ad hoc requests
What the company needs in a Senior Trading Accountant:
- 2+ years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting in the Energy Commodity Marketing/Trading Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS / US GAAP with Mark-to-Market accounting in the commodity trading business.