Our client is one of the premier oil & gas producing companies in the US. They have over 500 field locations and are located in over 13 states. Houston is their headquarters. The average tenure of this company is over 10 years! We are looking for someone with a great attitude! Someone who loves to be a team player is eager to learn and will do what it takes to get the job done!!!!!
Why work here?
- Flexible working schedules. In office position.
- Good Work/Life balance
- Low Turnover. Open due to growth!
- Full benefits including 401k and medical, dental & vision
- Half-Day Fridays!!!!
- Emphasis on Outside Operated Joint Interest activities
- Prepare and scan outside operated joint interest billings (JIBs) into electronic invoice approval system (Powervision software)
- Index and send JIBs for approval in Powervision
- Verify AFE’s and code outside operated JIBs in compliance with accounting standards, joint operating agreements and COPAS
- Review JIBs for cash call application and apply as necessary
- Process revenue netting journal vouchers as credits to operator accounts
- Upload outside operated JIBs from Powervision to the accounting system (Excalibur) by A/P closing schedule
- Work with outside operators and other internal parties to resolve JIB issues
- Update monthly cash call summary report
- Clear suspense of outside operated items
- Some coding review of invoices for oil and gas operated properties prepared by field employees to ensure accuracy of index and general ledger/property/AFE information and to ensure that appropriate supporting documentation is provided, all in accordance with applicable accounting standards and company policy
- 3 years of direct outside operated coding experience required.
- Experience with electronic invoice approval system required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook applications.
- Detailed oriented with high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to complete a variety of complex assignments involving well-rounded knowledge of oil and gas accounts payable accounting practices.
- 4-year undergraduate degree with 3 years of oil and gas accounts payable (including outside operated joint interest) accounting or equivalent experience, or high school diploma or GED with +10 years of oil and gas accounts payable (including outside operated joint interest) accounting or equivalent experience.