Our client, a rapidly growing SaaS company that is taking the world by storm is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their growing team. The first of its kind; now is the time to get in on the ground floor of this awesome company that has an IPO on the horizon!
Why work for the company:
- Dynamic/all-encompassing role- ability to expand skills and work closely with the business
- Company is growing at a MASSIVE rate & changing the landscape for ecommerce & digital merchants
- Company offers a very innovative service to their customers- The FIRST of their kind
- Extremely strong financial backing
- Great group of people that are innovative and think OUTSIDE the box… or better yet, think like there is NO BOX!
- A company that believes if they aren’t having fun, they aren’t doing it right!
What will the Senior Accountant do?
The Senior Accountant will perform a variety of accounting activities and assist with special accounting projects related to the fast-paced growth of the business. This includes the monthly GL close process, preparing & recording journal entries, reconciliations, analytical research, audit requests, and Microsoft Dynamics general ledger activities. Strong analytical skills are a must. The role may also include various Special Projects which requires communication and collaboration with other teams and or team members
- Participates in the month-end close process and support monthly close activities, including calculating and processing monthly accrual and deferred expense journal entries and performing a detailed level review of operating results and statistics.
- Performs & reviews account reconciliations and journal entries to ensure accuracy and validity of accounting transactions and company books and records.
- Performs allocation of costs between various business units
- Performs special projects as assigned by management including design and implementation of internal financial reporting, identifying process improvement opportunities, and suggesting/implementing potential solutions.
- Responds to internal and external auditor requests for support documentation.
- Supports effective operation of company internal controls.
- Application of GAAP, internal accounting procedures and best practices in support of structured financial control environment.
- Active involvement in ongoing ERP system implementation and assists in resolution of accounting system-related issues.
What we need in a Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in accounting or related field. Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role in a business of similar size and complexity.
- Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Effective communication, team working and organizational skills. Good interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively independently or as part of a team on projects.
- Effective leadership and influencing skills and practices.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Avalara, Certify, and/or Bill.com.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (uses financial and logical functions; work with multiple worksheets and workbooks; import and export information).