HR Generalist in the NW Houston area!
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is one of the premier oil and gas producing companies in the US.
- This well-established firm has over 500 field locations and is located in more than 13 states.
- Why work here:
- The average tenure is over 10 years!
- This firm appreciates every employee and believes that every employee plays a very important part in the company.
- Work for a manager who loves to train and mentor!
Overview of the HR Generalist (Talent Acq. & Benefits Admin) role:
- Areas of Benefits:
- Supports administration of the following Benefits Plans – Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Wellness, and Leave of Absence benefits. Prepares Family Status Changes and Payroll Status Changes to coordinate with payroll processing.
- Independently prepares communications and correspondence for employees applying for Leave of Absence benefits including Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Workers’ Compensation.
- Takes the lead to schedule and conduct orientation meetings for on-boarding employees to assist them with enrollment forms and benefit questions.
- Submits new enrollee and qualified beneficiary data to the COBRA vendor for preparation of required notifications.
- Prepares advanced reports for processing benefit invoicing, EEO-I Compliance, Medicare Application forms, and Medical Support Orders.
- Participates in Open Enrollment planning
- Independently coordinates and executes activities for the Internship Program at selected Universities within approved budget.
- Responsible for meeting hiring goals by filling open positions with qualified candidates. T
- Distributes all new-hire packages and internal notices, tracks receipt of new-hire paperwork, and prepares enrollment documents for payroll entry.
Preferred Qualifications for the HR Generalist (Talent Acq. & Benefits Admin):
- Bachelor’s Degree desired with combined total of 6+ years Generalist experience or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrates ability to complete a variety of highly complex assignments involving specialized knowledge of Human Resources practices.
- Must have knowledge of Benefit principles, regulations, and procedures and be highly organized.
- Performs advanced work under minimal supervision and has ability to multi-task, manage time, and accepts challenging priorities.
- May train or provide guidance to lower level HR staff employees.
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office technology is required.