Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a local company located in Spring, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
Position: Project Accounting Supervisor
The Supervisor shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of the project accounting functions. Oversees the daily operations of the project accountant including month and year end processes, revenue recognition, % of completion, accruals, and balance sheet and P&L variance analysis.
- Calculation of Project Results using percentage of completion accounting or completed contract accounting methods, analysis and project reporting in compliance with US GAAP; including provisions related to projects.
- Ensures proper governance of balance sheet by reviewing and approving account reconciliations with appropriate supporting documentation. Reconciling items are communicated and cleared in a timely manner.
- Remains current in accounting principles to ensure continuous improvement of procedures for optimal departmental performance and accuracy.
- Coordinate and supervise annual audits to be in compliance with US GAAP and SOX standards.
- Drive business transformation of department with technology and continuous improvement initiatives while ensuring continued compliance with SOX controls.
- Hires, trains, develops, and appraises project accounting staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years accounting and/or finance experience.
- CPA and/or Master’s in Accounting required.