Position: Financial Analyst
IES Residential is looking for a full-time Financial Analyst who will be responsible for analyzing past performance against a plan; forecasting future revenue and expenses for multiple divisions; and driving process improvements to help management and operations make strategic decisions.
Perks of the Financial Analyst:
- Growing public company
- Staff has great tenure
- Family friendly culture
- Great work-life balance
Essential Job Duties:
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Manage the quarterly forecasting and annual budget cycles including making projections.
- Develop and communicate instructions, tools, and timelines to various division managers who are responsible for forecast/budgets. Provide direct assistance to these personnel as needed.
- Summarize and communicate changes in forecast for monthly presentation to Sr Mgmt.
- Support the business through analysis of current trends, opportunities, and processes to drive efficiencies; understand ROI, financial, and operational impacts of ongoing programs, as well as new initiatives.
- Review financial accounting information on a regular basis and certify correctness and completeness.
- Work with Sr Mgmt to review various expenses and identify problem areas.
- Develop and prepare KPI schedules to determine trends and deviations from expected results.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations that summarize and visualize financial and KPI trends, conclusions, and recommendations – strong use of charts/graphs to rely information.
- Prepare monthly Management Operating Report
- Prepare reporting and analysis for budget, forecasts, and other financial plans to share with Sr Management Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience in reporting, consolidation, and financial analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, Access, Powerpoint
- Must be detailed oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience in construction industry a plus
- Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills; adept at learning and applying technology tools and resources
- Ability to evaluate/manage priorities and deadlines in order to support unscheduled analysis and projects.
- Ensure confidentiality and integrity of financial data in compliance with GAAP, SOX requirements, and IES Residential policies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work overtime when required for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end activities