Senior Project Accountant Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a local company located in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
Must Have Highlights:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Project accounting experience
Perks of the Senior Project Accountant role?
- Great pension plan
- Bonus structure
- 401k match
- Contributes to ensuring accuracy and timeliness for the accounting results. Including month and year end processes, revenue recognition, % of completion, accruals, and balance sheet and P&L variance analysis.
- Calculation of Project results using percentage of completion accounting or completed contract accounting methods, analysis and project reporting in compliance with US GAAP; including provisions related to projects.
- Supports the annual audits to be in compliance with US GAAP and SOX standards.
- Prepare detailed project financial schedules, further detailed by percentage of completion and completed contract methods.
- Determine and maintain correct financial accounting for key projects.
- Update planned revenue on projects to ensure appropriate accounting.
- Prepare and post monthly incoming and outgoing Intercompany percentage of completion Proforma invoices.
- Prepare and confirm monthly intercompany percentage of completion reconciliations.
- Provide support with resolving intercompany variances.
- Analyze project costs and data for accuracy.
- Proper reporting and reconciliation of all accounts related to the financial accounting process.
- Prepare yearly a detailed project financial results schedule in accordance with US GAAP.
- Support the preparation of the quarterly warranty entry based on monthly billings.
- Prepare, maintain and update subsidiary project-related information in Navision system for transfer to SAP.
- Compliance with all corporate accounting controls and checks.
- Provide support to Project Management and Project Controls by reviewing all relevant detail cost data.
- Remains current in accounting principles to ensure continuous improvement of procedures for optimal departmental performance and accuracy.
- Expected to drive business transformation with technology and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates with other departments on cross-functional initiatives.