Accounts Payable Specialist Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a Texas Bank based in Houston, Texas. Are you ready to join this incredible team?Perks of the Accounts Payable Specialist role?
- Competitive Compensation
- AMAZING Benefits package including 401k Match!
- Free Onsite Parking!
- Work stays at work. Minimal, if any, overtime!
Overview of the Role:
- Accurate review, coding and processing of vendor invoices
- Process check and electronic payment requests from vendors on a regular basis including ensuring proper approvals are obtained based on authority limits
- Process employee expense reports for reimbursement
- Utilize accounts payable software for processing of all invoices and payables transactions
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Reconcile vendor statements and communicate regarding past due invoices or payment status
- Ensure proper maintenance of all accounts payable records
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts
- Processing of annual form 1099s for tax reporting
- Maintaining listing and monitoring of property taxes
- Preparation of reports as needed
Preferred Qualifications for the Accounts Payable Specialist Role:
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years in accounts payable or accounting assistant position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with BankTel Ascend, COGNOS and Jack Henry Silverlake a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multi‐task; handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner; work
- independently and under the stress of deadlines; be accurate and detail‐oriented;
34 to 44K