Cost Accounting Supervisor
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a solid organization that has been in business for over a decade.
- This well-established firm is a global company.
- Why work here:
- Endless opportunities for interesting and challenging work that you can feel passionate about.
- This firm is committed to creating a workplace that fosters innovation, teamwork, and pride.
- Partner with the Plant Manager and truly make an impact on the bottom line.
- Live and work northwest of Cypress, Texas!
- Mentor a Staff Accountant
Overview of the Cost Accounting Supervisor role:
- Prepare weekly reporting to analyze variances between actual and standard cost.
- Summarize the operating insights into what is driving the financial variances.
- Explain variances from the forecast.
- Monitor performance to key financial and operating goals.
- Coordinate cost analysis for all products, monitoring drivers deemed important to meeting profit objectives.
- Review completed production order daily, compare and analyze actual job cost to standard cost per production order
- Planning and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor cost.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Reconcile shipments at a standard cost to cost of goods sold/manufactured.
- Monitors physical inventories and cycle count program providing support to enhance the process.
- Reconciles finished, WIP and raw goods inventories on a monthly basis.
- Assisting in Month end close of General Ledger specifically to cost, manufacturing and inventory
Preferred Qualifications for the Cost Accounting Supervisor:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment