Our client is growing and adding another Staff Accountant to their team. This company is very entrepreneurial in spirt and has a very laid back atmosphere. This particular division has doubled in size in the past year alone! We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, a go-getter and someone with great attention to detail. Real estate or construction experience would be a huge plus, but it is not required.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- GL and full-cycle accounting duties for various commercial and retail entities
- Consolidation: assist with consolidation of all subsidiaries
- Cash flow management: forecast planning for both cash inflow & outflow
- Tax Compliance: coordinate return preparation and provide returns for appropriate parties. Maintain all related files.
- Tenant Records: Track tenant receivables, complete annual reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Minimum GPA 3.0 in all accounting coursework
- Understanding of debits/credits, T accounts, and normal account balances
- Awareness of the relationship between the balance sheet and income statement
- Advanced Excel skills, including VLOOKUP function
- Strong overall technological proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers and handling sensitive, confidential information.
#jobopportunities #houstonjobs #accountingjobs