Senior Tax Manager
Growing business and stable business with mighty growth plans.
Looking for someone who truly enjoys being part of a global company and has a passion for international business.
Located in North Houston
- Assume primary responsibility for the preparation of the quarterly ASC 740 provision and related financial statement disclosures.
- Draft and/or review tax-related financial statement disclosure, footnotes, and schedules.
- In conjunction with the tax compliance group, manage the computation of book-tax differences, supporting work papers, account reconciliations, and documentation.
- Communicate issues and findings to senior tax management.
- Preparation of the tax basis balance sheet for the domestic entity group.
- Preparation of purchase accounting calculations.
- Provide support for or lead various tax projects as needed.
- Build collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Interact with local tax experts in the jurisdictions in which we operate or intend to operate. Travel to these areas may be necessary when deemed safe.
- At least 5 years of directly related corporate tax provision and compliance experience in public accounting and/or a multinational company.
- Excellent general accounting knowledge and familiarity with tax accounting principles enumerated under ASC740.
- Firm grasp of the US federal and state corporate income tax laws and regulations.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical thinking, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate tax concepts clearly and concisely to others.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and possibly travel internationally when required and deemed safe.
- Build close relationships with the management team, other business departments, shareholder representatives, and local tax consultants in project locations.
- Enjoy operating in a challenging, ever-evolving international environment.
- Strong IT skills: ONESOURCE (especially, design and implementation of OTP), Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Total comp from 170K to 225K