CFS has recently partnered with a leading Energy Service provider located in Houston, Texas. This role reports directly to the Director of SEC reporting and is open due to the relocation of the previous Manager. The Manager, Financial Reporting is primarily responsible for SEC and internal financial reporting to meet the requirements of publicly traded companies. Assist the director in managing all aspects of financial reporting processes, including preparation of SEC and internal reporting documents, review of information received from Business Units, research and documentation of technical accounting issues and various special and other projects covering all aspects of financial reporting. Provide leadership and guidance to less-experienced staff.
Why work here?
– CFS has placed multiple candidates with this company, all with great reviews!
– Beautiful office, free parking, every position comes with it’s own office!
– Company has been in operations for over 30 years
– Glassdoor reviews have called it a “Family atmosphere with flexible schedules and great benefits”
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage external financial reporting functions, including SEC reporting and other regulatory reporting as required
- Lead preparation of monthly schedules supporting both external and internal reporting
- Lead preparation of financial statements and footnote disclosures for use in SEC filings
- Assist Legal with the preparation of financial materials as needed
- Assist the director with coordination of the following: issuance of the annual report; the preparation of debt/equity transactions, including the requisite registrations; the Disclosure Committee, Legal and other departmental meetings for the purposes of identifying requisite disclosures
- Assist with the drafting and review of the Company’s quarterly earnings release
- Assist with research and documentation of accounting and financial reporting requirements using all available tools, recommending accounting treatment for complex transactions based on such research
- Assist with communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor alignment
- Assist in the coordination and support of the annual audit and quarterly review activity with external auditors
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control certification requirements
- Partner with the accounting and finance department to create a high performance team capable of meeting the Company’s current and future financial and accounting goals
- Assist with integration of new businesses / acquired companies into the Company’s financial reporting processes
- Assist with system implementations
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required
- CPA Certification is Required
- A minimum of 5 years of total work experience. Previous experience in external financial reporting with a focused function on 10K, 10Q preparation supporting a public company with their SEC Reporting required.; Combination experience with a public accounting firm is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting, GAAP and SOX Compliance
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in researching and documenting new accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of complex issues such as revenue recognition, stock compensation, fair value, etc.
- Strategic thinking and leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management and communication at all levels within an organization
- Experience in the Oil & Gas or Energy industry preferred
- Experience with HFM is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interpersonal skills
- Strong commmitment to taking on responsibility and meeting deadlines
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, and respond quickly to management requests
- Ability to work across multiple cultures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical land abstract reasoning skills, and organizational skills
- Strong sense of business ethics, integrity and discretion
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint