Responsible for assisting the CFO (and Controller) in various areas of accounting including, but not limited to, forecasting, acquisition analysis, customer/product/vendor related analyses, salesperson related analysis, employee related analysis, accounting/financial research and other accounting functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Key coordinator of budget process and multi-year forecasts
- Analysis of bi-weekly payroll
- Be assigned other special projects, as required – see potential projects
- Annual Budget
- Reporting for Board Books – quarterly
- Forecasting – monthly / weekly
- Discussion with sales as to timing
- Evaluation of prospects
- Coordination of quality of earnings audit
- Coordination of valuation review
- Contract reviews – new, amendments
- Pricing analysis
- Customer profitability
- Pricing for proposals
- Business review analysis
- Product profitability
- New product analysis and pricing
- Review of contracts and evaluation of relationships/costs – inventory, other cost of sales, leases, subcontractors, treatment vendors
- New location office space and truck leases
- Commissions – calculations and program design
- Productivity analysis
- Staffing analysis – overtime, productivity
- Annual comp reviews
- Review of health costs and annual programs
- Annual insurance renewal – applications, cost analysis
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in a public company environment; CPA a plus but not required
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP; familiarity with SEC rules and regulations, a plus.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in completion of tasks.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to act cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management, to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage well through complex issues.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications; experience with MAS, a plus
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting.