My client is a high growth Tech/Software Platform company seeking an experienced, versatile, and hands-on Assistant Controller to join the team. The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, with strong analytical and technical accounting skills and a drive to build process and automation into the accounting function to scale within the accounting function. The successful candidate is someone who can be a strong mentor and coach but who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and working with the team to get the job done. With your prior experience working in high-growth environments and scaling accounting workflows, you will take the lead on helping to build and shape the accounting team and processes for future growth.
The company has no plans of going back into the office are are happy to accept candidates who are able to work remotely within the states of :
- TX, KS, NC, MO, CO, PA, IL, IN
- Preference given to those in Austin or San Antonio that can easily grab a coffee, lunch, or beer with the team on a regular basis 😉
What will the Assistant Controller do?
- Provide leadership to strengthen the accounting team with a commitment to recruiting, training and mentoring of staff
- Oversee the management of the monthly/quarterly/annual accounting close process
- Optimize accounting software stack which includes NetSuite, Concur and AMEX by evaluating opportunities for further automation through integration of existing systems as well as identifying gaps where additional software solutions would be helpful to create further month-end close efficiency
- Manage transactional outsourced function and own the relationship with our outsourced shared service team, acting as the primary escalation point and leading them through process and business changes
- Provide technical guidance on various transactions and business activities including revenue recognition (ASC606), as well as lead the implementation of new accounting standards
- Assist Controller with treasury function, including cash flow forecasting
- Lead the integration of acquired entities
- Assist with year-end audits and corporate tax requests
What we are looking for in the Assistant Controller:
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience within multiple industries or SaaS/Platform/Ecommerce/Tech/Platform/High Growth companies
- Big 4 or Public Accounting Experience highly preferred
- Technical knowledge of GAAP
- Strong revenue recognition (ASC606) knowledge & experience
- Experience leading the implementation of new accounting standards
- A people leader with the ability to build relationships with ease, especially in a remote environment.
- Flexibility and comfortability with ambiguity
- Strong excel skills over large amounts of data (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables and Charts)
- Experience working with and supervising an outsourced shared service center
- Experience with NetSuite, Concur and AMEX
- Experience with scaling accounting processes for mergers and acquisitions
- Experience scaling accounting workflows through system implementation and process automation
Perks of the Assistant Controller role:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, company-provided life insurance, and more.
- Engage remotely! The company has transitioned to a fully remote environment and runs regular contests, trivia games and remote happy hours!
- Instant-Access & Flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – Company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for once-in-a-lifetime Bucket list experiences!
- Get active in the community by joining one of the many quarterly offsite volunteer and community service events.