Staff Accountant – Manufacturing
Reporting to Division Controller – one of many placed at our client!
Work for an amazing Manger who loves to train and mentor.
Northwest Houston location!
• Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts
• Monthly reports to management on financial results
• Prepare and post entries to the general ledger and manage the monthly close process
• Prepare assigned audit schedules
• Analyze accounts to determine the entries that may need to be made
• Work with branches to answer questions and solve problems
• Create processes and procedures that will make the department more effective as a whole
• Assist the accounting group with other items as needed
• Minimum 2 years of general accounting experience reconciling various balance sheet accounts
• Excellent Excel skills, ability to work with Pivot Tables, use V/H-Lookups, and handle large amount of data
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with a proactive response to potential issues
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to engage others and work collaboratively with multiple departments