Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with a premier global service organization to identify an International Accountant to join their team. This is a newly created position that is open due to their international expansion.
Highlights of the International Accountant Opportunity:
- Our client, established over a century ago, is the market leader in their industry niche.
- They service the world’s most innovative companies and have been recognized by peers and constituents as the service firm of the year for 2020.
- This is not a stagnant position – it offers complexity, visibility and variability.
- This is more than a day-to-day accounting role – there is a focus on strategy and analysis as well.
- The company offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
The International Accountants responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the general accounting and tax operations of the firm’s foreign offices
- Record transactions to the general ledger, monthly reporting and analysis of accounts.
- Prepare account reconciliations, including intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare cash flow statements in local currency and special reports as needed.
- Review and approve various foreign office invoices and tax filings.
- Oversee a team of offshore professionals who assist with processing the day-to-day accounting transactions of the international offices.
- Cover revenue recognition, accounts payable, general ledger transactions (cash and accrual), payroll and taxes (payroll, VAT and corporate income).
- Liaise with the international accounting and tax consulting firms on a continuous basis to meet accounting and tax reporting requirements
- Oversee the daily treasury operations of the international offices, including the coordination and approval of funding of the local foreign office bank accounts as needed and the review and approval of Fx currency rates loaded to accounting system.
- Perform month-end closing activities
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries.
- Establish monthly cash and accrual book reporting and reconciliation for the foreign offices.
- Oversee and coordinate with external tax consultants to ensure all corporate income, VAT and other required tax returns are completed and filed on a timely basis.
- Prepare and analyze quarterly VAT summary, including research and resolution of variances.
- Review, document and improve VAT policies and procedures.
- Respond to foreign tax residency status inquiries and file the appropriate forms as required to avoid double taxation in these foreign countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- 5+ years’ accounting experience, preferably in an international professional service industry.
- 2+ years’ experience supervising staff including experience supervising a remote team, with proven ability to lead people and remote teams to achieve results.
- Ability to think strategically, identify and analyze complex issues and problems, and to recommend and implement effective solutions.