Perks of the Controller role?
- Work directly with the CFO
- Great work life balance!
- Awesome benefits!
Overview of the Controller role:
- Supervise the maintenance of the Foundation’s financial records for accuracy, completeness, and documentation. These records include but are not limited to: investments, banking, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and benefits, real estate activity, fixed assets, budgets, and budget variances.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Review and prepare reports of financial activity for the Board and internal managers.
- Provide financial information and reports, as requested.
- Review and prepare reports and supporting audit schedules. Coordinate with auditors.
- Review and prepare reports and supporting schedules for tax returns.
- Prepare schedules and subsequent journal entries necessary to release temporarily restricted funds.
Preferred Qualifications for the Controller:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Passionate about the arts
- Experience with a non profit, museum, or other culture institutions
- Big 4 Audit experience
- Financial Edge software is a plus!