Our client has plans to go public and they are looking for a Director of Accounting to join their team. In this position, you would lead a team of 6.
Why take a Director of Accounting role with this company?
- Very visible role!
- Succussion plan for the Corporate Controller role
- The company is going public (no previous IPO experience required)
- The company is always in acquisition mode! #entrepreneurial
What the Director of Accounting will do…
- Assist in preparation of internal and external financial statements
- Streamline Month End Close Process. Evaluate controls for IPO process.
- Perform technical research to ensure compliance with applicable accounting guidance
- Support the accounting team with special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed
- Assist in maintaining system of internal controls
- Work with the internal and external auditors to assist in year-end audit procedures
- Prepare and review audit schedules as needed
- Coordinate among various business units to ensure consistent accounting treatment
- Recommend, design, and implement accounting policies and procedures
- Managed team of 6
What the company needs in a Director of Accounting:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 7+ years in an accounting-related position with managerial experience
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience and previous publicly-traded company experience
- Strong technical accounting skills including strong working knowledge of GAAP & SEC
- Superior analytical, organization, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and management team
- Flexible and self-directed with the ability to stay focused and meet goals, while working independently
- Outstanding leadership, supervisory, and training skills required