Join the finance team of one of the hottest tech companies in the country! Our client is writing the book (and making history) on ecommerce and on-demand delivery services. This VC backed company is seeking a Controllerto establish a solid financial foundation of policies, departmental structure, and controls for the company during this exponential season of rapid growth.
Why work here…?
- Innovative company and culture that THRIVES in our current *covid* climate and will continue to do well in the modern age of technology & delivery- where everything is available at the click of a button!
- New offices in an open and collaborative working environment.
- Flexible, business casual working environment and family oriented.
- Be a pioneer in the industry!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- 401k Program.
What we are looking for in the Controller:
- Experience in use and development of Financial software systems – NetSuite an advantage
- Strong communicator across the organization from C Suite to associates
- Experience in developing finance standards and controls in a fast-moving business environment
- Strong technical and practical accounting skills.
- Experience in the creation and development of high performing finance teams
- Lead management in Budget cycle – creation to reporting
- Strong process management mindset
- Hands on approach
What will the Controller do?
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting internal audits and providing information to external auditors.
- In the absence of a treasurer, maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Manages the budget process by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending future plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances to plan; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides regular status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data to stakeholders.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential and working with holders of information to develop policies to prevent unauthorized access.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or CPA
Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance commensurate with experience requirements
Exposure to the technology or service industry- strongly preferred
Experience in high growth environment an advantage
External reporting experience, management of audit relationship for company
Experience with development of internal financial reporting