CFS San Antonio has been exclusively retained by a leading nonprofit organization based out of San Antonio, Texas to secure a Controller. This role is available because of internal promotion. The controller will lead and mentor a team of accountants and will be responsible for federal grants accounting and compliance. The organization is a very reputable company that is known for excellence in its industry.
About our Client:
About the company: Our client is a national leader in their sector of the nonprofit world- working with infectious diseases to be able to protect you and your community! The organization has gained worldwide recognition for their breakthroughs in research.
About the leadership: The CEO of this organization is a true leader with a strong 10-year vision and plan for the organization to become #1 in their field. The leadership wants their teams to have passion and ownership for their work and only hires leaders that will positively contribute to their mission. In return, you will have autonomy and flexibility within your department.
About The Controller: The ideal Controller will be passionate about leading a team. We need a strong people leader with a CPA and strong Federal grants accounting experience.
What will the Director of Finance Do?
• Mentor, lead, and train accounting staff
• Oversee workload of accounting staff and ensure timely and accurate financials
• Ensures accurate invoicing and timely collection of funds.
• Coordinates and resolves accounting related matters with principal investigators, department directors, administrative assistants, public accounting firms, government auditors, contracting officers and similar officials.
• Conducts internal audits of financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
• Oversees routine accounting and GL functions including account analysis and reconciliations.
• Oversees month-end and year-end closing procedures and planning.
• Prepares financial statements, business activity reports, financial forecasts, and other reports for internal and external recipients.
• Monitors financial activities to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
What we are looking for in a Controller:
The ideal candidate will be a data driven, process oriented, analytical individual who is self-motivated, and a strong communicator & people leader.
If you have excellent knowledge of federal grant accounting and are interested in working for a winning organization, this role could be the perfect fit for you! This position is suited for someone who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team, and takes pride in their career.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- CPA Required
- 5+ years in federal grants accounting in a nonprofit setting
- Supervisory experience
- Strong Excel skills- strong written and verbal communication skills
Compensation: 125-135k base (no bonus)