Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with a private company in the petroleum industry in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Company and Tax Supervisor:
- Company that has 10+ years of experience with investing and operating in the oil and gas industry.
- State of the art operation resulting from a unique frac sand mining and processing facility development experience
- A company that is a high value producer and distributor.
Perks of the Tax Supervisor role?
- Competitive Compensation Package and full benefits package
- Training and Leadership mentoring opportunities
- Unlimited opportunities in a challenging and exciting work environment
Overview of the Tax Supervisor Role: Responsible for overseeing sales and use tax for the United States and Canada
- Mentor and oversee Tax Analyst on monthly, quarterly, and annual filing of sales and use tax returns for both US and Canada
- Manage, gather, and organize the information required for all sales and use tax audits and Voluntary Disclosure Agreements (VDAs)
- Respond to notices and information requests issued by various taxing authorities
- Responsible for sales and use tax registration applications, qualifications, and maintenance of permits 5.
- Collaborate and provide ongoing training on sales and use tax set-up and implications to internal stakeholders
- Compile necessary work papers to support tax audits and VDAs
- Work closely with internal stakeholders during acquisitions to ensure all sales and use tax issues are addressed.
- Proactively drive remediation strategies and close audits with minimal liability
- Manage and respond to all sales and use tax inquires received (Tax Inbox)
- Work with Treasury and A/R to assist with collections of sales tax related invoices
Preferred Qualifications for the Tax Supervisor:
- 4 plus Years’ indirect (sales and use; property; VAT) tax-related experience
- Bachelors Accounting or Finance Degree
- CPA is a plus!
- Ability to adapt effectively to a new and changing environment
- Strong attention to detail, communication, organizational skills