About the Company and Perks of the Controller Opportunity:
- Booming Industry
- Work and live up north!
- Mentor and train a team
- Combination of Accounting & Finance!
- Privately held & Stable Company that has maintained their family feel!
- Highly sought-after work-life balance
- Visible role. This position works closely with the Senior Management team.
Overview of the Controller Role…..
- Oversee and manage the accounting and financial reporting function
- Develop and manage internal financial reporting and analysis to assist management in its decision-making process.
- Develop and distribute external reporting as required by various financial institutions and governmental agencies.
- Coordinate annual budget and cash forecasting process.
- Coordinate with CPA firm to ensure accurate and timely preparation of tax returns and audit report.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects, as needed.
- Manage financial software and systems implementation projects
- Manage team
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED to lead the Accounting Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience; including 2+ years as a Controller or Accounting Manager is required.
- Public accounting experience (assurance or tax) is highly preferred.
- Strong background in financial reporting, accounting policies and procedures, and internal controls systems.
- Solid management and leadership skills with a positive demeanor