My client is a local, growing, and innovative Accounting firm that specializes in full service outsourced accounting! Their focus is to help organizations implement best practices, establish financial systems that are proactive, and to help them grow and scale quickly. This is a firm that has truly spent the time to create a culture of excellence.
They have experienced such growth that they are looking to add a Tax Manager to the team! The Tax Manager will work directly with the young and entrepreneurial firm partners who are faith centered, very family oriented and mindful of work-life balance.
PERKS OF THE TAX MANAGER:
- WORK. LIFE. BALANCE.
- 45-50 hours during busy season
- Zero politics or stress of a “Big 4” firm environment
- No worry of “big brother” or buyout from a larger firm
- Flexible Schedule (Make your own schedule) & Remote work options (100% Remote available)
- Half-day Fridays
- Fridays off in the summer
- Faith based company
- Partners that are young, entrepreneurial, and relationship focused
- Core values of the firm include:
- people first
- results matter
ABOUT THE TAX MANAGER:
- The Tax Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing operations of the tax team by supervising and evaluating day-to-day activities. The Tax Manager will also serve as tax advisor to clients and provide innovative tax planning and consulting services while adhering to budget
WHAT THE TAX MANAGER WILL DO:
- Work with the team to serve clients of the firm
- Train & Supervise staff
- Build relationships with clients
- Maintain accuracy of work
- Budget & Profitability Management
- Accept and be an example of firm core values (People First, Humility, Ownership, Results Matter, and Hustle)
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting, and expertise
- Provide innovative tax planning and review complex income tax returns all while identifying and mitigating tax risks
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process as well as coordination of tax audits
- Maintain tax balances on general ledger
- Manage and process client billing and work with operations team to ensure accuracy
- Provide detailed financial analyses needed for pricing and negotiation of contracts
- Demonstrate an awareness of professional standards and the ability to identify areas for improvement in clients’ systems and procedures.
WHAT WE NEED IN A TAX MANAGER:
- 8+ years recent public accounting experience or working for a professional service company
- 4+ years leading a team
- Strong leadership qualities and management experience a must
- Experience auditing in public accounting a must
- Analytical & detail oriented
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, business admin. or related field.
- Quickbooks proficiency
- Excellent customer service and client-facing experience