The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the hospitality industry, preferably in companies with multiple locations. This person will manage all of the accounting procedures and oversee one accounting clerk. The bookkeeper will be responsible for processing payroll in QB.
Responsibilities of the Bookkeeper
- The Bookkeeper will verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions to the general ledger.
- Reconcile and balance accounts.
- Compile reports to show cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to the operation of business.
- Calculate employee wages from records and prepare checks for payment of wages.
- Prepare withholding, Social Security, and other tax reports.
- Generate monthly statements
Preferred experience for the Bookkeeper role
- 5 years of full-charge bookkeeping experience in the hospitality industry
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks (desktop)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer skills
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial mentality!