Location: Denver, Colorado (Stapleton)
- Excellent pay and benefits (401k, healthcare, and PTO)
- Construction, manufacturing and building services
- Top Denver- Area contractor
- #Top 200 Private Companies List
Brief Overview of the Role:
- Oversee job costing process and maintain revenue recognition according to GAAP.
- Mentor, coach, and supervise accounting team.
- Presents findings and recommendations to top management.
- Oversee financial reporting and accounting functions of the various divisions.
- Establish, communicate, and adhere to a monthly closing schedule.
- Close within 10 business days.
- Maintain and improve the company’s internal control environment.
- Coordinate job-costing and accrual entries.
- Prepare property tax returns and sales and use tax returns.
What is expected of a Controller:
- Company Leader.
- Responsible for one or more programs/functions of such diversity and scope to be of critical importance to overall company objectives.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top-level employees and officers.
- Plays a role in company business strategy development and execution.
- Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive and related activities of the company.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance.
- Manages autonomous individuals, managers and diverse groups giving broader direction.
- Masters or college/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally required.
- MUST have construction experience
- MUST have CPA (inactive is fine)
- MUST have Viewpoint software #controller #denver #jobcost #construction