Why take a Staff Accountant role with this company?
- Exposure to multiple business units
- Key part of the corporate accounting team
- Ability to advance in a growing company
- Work with Manager who has been with company for over 12 years!
Perks of the Staff Accountant role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Core Hours from 9 to 3.30pm
- Work & Live in Southwest Houston
What the Staff Accountant will do…
- Maintain the general ledger to include preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and support management with month end close.
• Analyze and monitor financial data to prepare and present to management for review.
• Research and analyze financial information necessary to support internal and external audit activity.
• Create and maintain monthly, quarterly and annual reports for multiple branch locations according to assigned function.
• Manage inventory discrepancies and inventory adjustments.
• Create monthly lead schedules of inventory activity.
• Research and reconcile inventory related accounts monthly.
• Research and reconcile accounts monthly to manage discrepancies and adjustments.
• Ensure compliance with all system SOX controls.
• Conduct foreign currency translation.
What the company needs in a Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of general accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP