Financial Director- Construction Industry
- You are a left-brain thinker with an aptitude for numbers and attention to detail. You are a self-starter and enjoy solving complex problems.
- You love to bring value to a company in the means of implementing new processes and providing key financial data to upper management.
- You want to be part of a company where you can truly make your mark!
- You want to be a part of a team that commits to their work, their team, and the company.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION & PERKS OF THE FINANCIAL DIRECTOR ROLE:
- Stable company that has been around since the 1950s.
- Ethics and integrity are at the core of their business model, making them a premier contractor in their specialty.
- Thoughts and new ideas are valued, considered, and promoted! This is a group of individuals who take pride in being a part of the organization and desire to find better more improved ways of doing things!
- Beautiful office spaces.
- Employee growth and development is fostered by promoting from within, cross-training, and development training.
- Opportunity to move up within the organization if candidates are open to relocation.
- Highly competitive compensation structure and benefits
WHAT WILL THE FINANCIAL DIRECTOR DO:
The Financial Director will provide key financial management in the areas of reporting, costing, and financial planning and analysis. The position will work closely with the corporate CFO and with the local GM to drive KPIs and will act as a champion for strategic initiatives within the division.
- Will work closely with those in accounting and otherwise to help understand the financial implications of costing, bid pricing, and other matters of revenue and cost recognition.
- Provide P&L analysis of results in order to advise the leadership of future opportunities to limit risk.
- In conjunction with operations, will develop budget and forecast
- Analysis of Job cost projections
- Cash management
- Support strategic initiatives, analyze operations and offer solutions and recommendations for cost-saving or reduction, and systems enhancements.
- Lead monthly and quarterly financial close and reporting
- Present findings to the leadership of variance analysis against plan and forecast
- Present findings of the reviews on indirect cost reports, profitability, cash collection, and month-end accruals.
- Oversee accounting and evaluate revenues recognized in accordance with percentage completion accounting.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and identify any key risk areas
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A FINANCIAL DIRECTOR:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of percentage completion accounting, financial reporting, and operating budget/forecast creation
- Advanced excel skills and analytical skills
- Proven experience working and communicating with management from all areas of an organization (project managers, sales, to senior management/leadership)
- SOX/Public company experience a plus
- CPA a plus
- Construction industry a MAJOR plus! (someone without it would likely have a steep learning curve)