Senior Accountant for a multinational publicly-traded company located in Tomball
Why take a Senior Accountant role with this company?
- Work hand in hand with a Controller who loves to train and mentor
- Ability to advance in a growing company (the manager is looking for someone who aspires to take his role!)
- Work & Live in Tomball
- Work in a plant setting! Jeans every day!
Perks of the Senior Accountant role:
- 401-K with match
- Great work-life balance outside of close
- Fantastic benefits
What the Senior Accountant will do…
- Responsible for most complex activities associated with general ledger, financial/operating reports, and/or budget analysis.
- Prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Consolidates and conducts complex analysis of accounting and financial information.
- Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Conducts research and analysis and prepares strategic recommendations to management based on the analysis.
- Identifies control weaknesses, communications to management to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk.
- Makes appropriate journal entries to the general ledger.
- Leads monthly and annual reconciliations and close activities for assigned accounts.
- Works with the company’s SOX auditors; tracks audit findings;
What the company needs in a Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA or CPA eligible
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience (3+ years) with evidence of expanding responsibilities
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP, financial reporting, and analysis
- Energetic, detail-oriented self-starter that has a “hands-on” approach and a strong focus on continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing and improving environment