Why take a Senior Inventory Accountant role with this company?
- Company is growing rapidly
- Private Equity-backed
- Work hand in hand with the Controller who loves to train & mentor!
- Work with an amazing team!
- Work-life balance…truly!
Perks of the Senior Inventory Accountant role:
- Very visible role.
- Newly created role.
- Strong medical benefit package
- 40-hour workweek
- 70 to 80K
What the Senior Inventory Accountant will do…
- Assist with audit requests, such as preparing supporting documentation and schedules
- Review monthly gross profit reports and investigate variances.
- Responsible for all general ledger inventory accounts and perpetual inventory detail/sub-ledgers
- Review, reconciliation, and correction of production information and related inventory impacts
- Provide decision making information with accurate and timely reporting and analysis
- Responsible for policies and procedures around the physical flow of goods to ensure the accuracy of all inventory.
- Reconcile third party warehouse, depository, and vendor managed inventory on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Audit and review any inventory shrinkage.
- Record inventory adjustments where necessary to reflect inventory transactions, product cost, and ending balances correctly.
- Understand and document how inventory standards for all products are managed within the NetSuite system and how inventory movements impact the financial statements
- Educate the necessary teams to create an understanding of the process across all related functions
- Analyze inventory-aging reports and review potentially excess and obsolete inventory, maintaining proper inventory reserves
- Develop and implement improvements to the Company’s current accounting procedures related to inventory.
What the company needs in a Senior Inventory Accountant:
- 3 plus years of progressively responsible experience in inventory accounting & analysis
- Accounting, Finance Degree
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel,
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.