Why take a Senior Accountant role with this company?
- Exposure to multiple business units
- Key part of the corporate accounting team
- Ability to advance in a growing company
Perks of the Senior Accountant role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Core Hours from 9 to 3.30pm
- Work & Live in Southwest Houston
What the Senior Accountant will do…
Overview: The senior accountant will be responsible for executing revenue recognition (ASC 606) control reviews on global sell side contracts within the Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) process.
- Ability to read and interpret complex customer contracts and identify key terms and conditions. Attention to detail and clear documentation is a must.
- Develop a firm understanding of ASC 606 to apply the accounting standard to new contracts and agreements for multiple streams of revenue
- Perform monthly revenue close activities, including preparation of revenue accruals, account reconciliations, journal entries, and other supporting analyses.
- Assist with internal/external audits and take part in special projects as necessary
What the company needs in a Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA eligible
- 3+ years of general accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP