Why take a Senior Investment Accountant role with this company?
- Work-life balance!
- Amazing office with great company culture!
- The position is open due to a recent promotion!
- Ability to see new Investments come on board
Perks of the Senior Investment Accountant role:
- Very visible role.
- Strong medical benefit package
- 40-hour workweek. Minimal overtime
- 8% match on 401K!
What the Senior Investment Accountant will do…
- Prepare quarterly board reports related to alternative investments including review of net investment balance, unfunded commitments, internal rates of return, etc.
- Responsible for accounting, audit and investor reporting of the main fund and several investment entities that it manages. Duties included but not limited to:
- Prepare and send quarterly management fee invoices and capital calls for new investments as needed
- Maintain accounting records following GAAP
- Coordinate annual external audits (includes preparation of financial statements and providing audit schedules and requests)
- Prepare annual reports for investors (includes calculation of carried interests)
- Monthly and quarterly closing duties including:
- Import offline fund transactions and valuations
- Review investment accounts for proper recording of gains
- Update and evaluate fair values on private investments
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly reports for the Management Committee and Investment Committee
- Assist in the preparation of budgeting and forecasting schedules for the annual budget
- Track performance of private investments
- Provide coding for and confirm capital calls are paid on time
- Provide coding for and confirm distributions are paid in full
- Special projects as assigned such as importing historical valuations for benchmark report.
What the company needs in a Senior Investment Accountant:
- BBA – Accounting, CPA eligible
- Three plus years of accounting experience.
- Proven track record as an effective team player and good interpersonal relationships.
- Uncompromised reputation for discretion, honesty, and personal integrity.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills.
- Ability to multi-task