Looking for Accountants, who would love to work close to 290 & Beltway!
Why take a Division Accountant role with this company?
- Company is growing
- High probability of growing into the Accounting Manager role in the short term
- Work & Live in close to NW Houston
- Wear jeans to work!
- Work with hand in hand with operations
Perks of the Division Accountant role:
- Work-life balance
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- 60 to 75K plus bonus
What the Division Accountant will do…
- Perform the monthly financial close process including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing/posting journal entries, account balance reconciliations and financial statement preparation
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statement variances to budget and prior periods
- Establish a business partner relationship, with other departments (Ops, sales, engineering, etc.), to provide relevant information to improve business decision making across the enterprise with respect to daily operations
- Assist with financial statement forecasting including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow
- Maintain fixed asset register, including leased assets, and monitor/track construction in progress (CIP) activity for new projects.
- Assist with the annual operating plan, strategic planning and departmental budget
- Drive working capital improvements in receivables, inventory, and vendor payment practices in order to strengthen cash position
- Monitor productivity initiatives; calculate and track cost savings
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Participate in strategic financial projects including upgrades/implementation of ERP software
What the company needs in a Division Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Minimum 3-5 years General Ledger & Financial Statements experience is required
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) rules, regulations, and practices is required
- Demonstrates a personable, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within and across workgroups.
- Experience with manufacturing Accounting experience
#accountant #houston #hiring #interviewing #senioraccountant