Investor and asset manager that originates, acquires, constructs, operates and manages, direct investments in the low-carbon energy infrastructure market with a track record of successful energy investing for over 25 years.
Provide financial controller roles and responsibilities and compliance matters for the US-based team and portfolio company activities. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer regarding all financial and accounting activities.
Will be involved with and have levels of responsibility ranging from direct responsibility to coordination and oversight for the following:
- Provide financial compliance oversight to the US team to include maintaining records required by IRS and SEC for US entities and portfolio companies in consultation with the Head of Compliance. Be the first point of contact for the US team for compliance reports and queries Initial draft/preparation of SEC filings, e.g. forms PV & ADV
- Collaborate with team on overall fund liquidity and long-term outlook.
- Collaborate with the overall team on M&A activity including corporate structuring, liaising with tax advisors, working with the US and UK teams, liaising with banks and any outsourced accounting providers.
- Manage requests for financing, syndication, M&A transactions, government filings, and others as needed.
- Collaborate with controllers at the US portfolio companies to ensure proper audit and tax compliance.
- Oversee all company accounts and investments at the US portfolio companies.
- Manage cash flow and equity reconciliation between the Fund/s and US portfolio companies. Be the primary contact for US treasury banking relationships.
- Assist in the quarterly valuation of US portfolio companies.
- Manage reporting of timely and accurate financial information for US portfolio companies including presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and Board members, as required.
- Review US portfolio company financial plans and budgets regularly and examine all financial reports and data.
- Collaborate with auditing and tax service providers to ensure proper compliance with all regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all financial transactions for the US team are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Manage cash flow and liquidity for the US team.
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and any financial assistants.
- Renewable Energy experience or Fund Management / PE Firm experience