Why take an Accountant role with this company?
- Exposure to multiple business units
- A key part of the corporate accounting team
- Ability to advance in a growing company
- Work & Live in Southwest Houston
Perks of the Senior Accountant role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Core Hours from 9 to 3.30pm
- Interaction with CFO
What the Accountant will do…
- Develop a firm understanding of ASC 606 to apply the accounting standard to new contracts and agreements for multiple streams of revenue
- Perform monthly revenue close activities, including preparation of revenue accruals, account reconciliations, journal entries, and other supporting analyses.
- Assist with internal/external audits and take part in special projects as necessary
- Other ad hoc duties and projects as assigned
What the company needs in an Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or related degree
- Graduate degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- CPA or qualifications to the site for the CPA exam preferred
- New Graduate to 2 years’ work experience in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred).
- Strong attention to detail and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess the desire to learn new and challenging skills
One thought on “Staff Accountant – Stafford – email@example.com”
Hi Diane and Emily,
My skillset is a close match for this job description. I typically work with multiple business units in a corporate team. One of my passions is account reconciliations and my Excel skills include pivot tables, lookups and sumifs on a daily basis. I frequently issue variance analyses with full explanations and I’m a stickler for documentation with my journal entries. It makes audits so much easier. I have attached my most recent resume for your review.
I would love to be considered for the Stafford Accountant position. Please feel free to reach out to me at the contact information below.
Pam Beaver Financial Accountant 713-306-3556 firstname.lastname@example.org